Portland

Portland, Oregon is my favorite city. I am sharing my thought and visits to different places in this fabulous city. It's a great place to visit; just don't move here. We have enough already. Just kidding, we love everyone. Which means we are really nice, too.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Goodbye

On January 23, we said goodbye to our beloved Cat. It was my fault we waited so long. I could not let her go. However, as the days progressed from my previous post, I knew it was my unwillingness to see her go that was standing in the way of her passing. She could not walk in a straight line. She had stopped eating days ago. She could not get into the litter box, so would urinate on the floor. Her mournful cries were heard throughout the house. And still I did not make the call. On her last day, I finally realized that she was never going to recover, that her kidneys had, indeed failed, and that, at three pounds, she was starving herself to death.

Our appointment at the vet was at 5:45. Cat was bundled in a warm towel and tightly hugged as we made the final journey together. I couldn't watch the killing. I wanted to remember Cat as she was--a tiny head sticking out of a wrapped towel. My baby.

Tigger deteriorated rapidly after Cat died, and we finally had him euthanized on February 18. At the end, the cancer had transformed our Tigger to a cat that was almost unrecognizable. The only good of all this is that Cat and Tigger will now be together forever. How lovely.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home