Portland

Portland, Oregon is my favorite city. I am sharing my thought and visits to different places in this fabulous city. It's a great place to visit; just don't move here. We have enough already. Just kidding, we love everyone. Which means we are really nice, too.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Shoot the Moon

It’s a full moon, the largest viewing moon in months, and I had to shoot it--with a camera. But it wasn't that easy. I wanted a clean shot of the full moon over the I-5 bridge. There are few places west of the bridge that have viewing access. However, I couldn’t resist the challenge.
But the journey was not as easy as the photos tell. First, it was night, so I couldn’t see too well. Then I was going to places I normally don’t travel even in daylight. And third, it was windy and cold. The thermometer on the car said it was 51 degrees. With the wind-chill, I bet it was ten degrees less. So I am standing outside with the wind blowing trying to get the camera focused. My tripod was not cooperating for some reason. Anyway, the moon was slowing rising, and my window of opportunity was going north.
Since I love bridges, and Portland has plenty, I zipped across the I-5 into Vancouver and parked the car right next to the bridge. I was able to take one last photo before the moon disappeared from view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home