Portland

Portland, Oregon is my favorite city. I am sharing my thought and visits to different places in this fabulous city. It's a great place to visit; just don't move here. We have enough already. Just kidding, we love everyone. Which means we are really nice, too.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

No Place Like Home

While most of us are sitting comfy in our homes watching TV or listening to cool sounds, an unknown number of people in Portland are just surviving. Kinda like a fish, or in this case, a crayfish, out of water. We side step them, or don't go near where these homeless people hang out.
I see them wondering down the street, or in this case, sleeping along the Willamette River. They don't want to disturb anyone, they just need a place to call home.
I guess we could rationalize that these people aren't us, and thank God we have some place to live that is safe and covered. I look at the person lying asleep on the grass and I don't stop to see if I can help, or to find out if there is someone who can help him. I am just like all the rest of us, I walk by. Only I did stop long enough to take a picture.
Portlanders are know to be kind heart and tolerant. There are organizations and individuals who go out of their way to do what they can to help the homeless.
All I did was take pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home