Portland

Portland, Oregon is my favorite city. I am sharing my thought and visits to different places in this fabulous city. It's a great place to visit; just don't move here. We have enough already. Just kidding, we love everyone. Which means we are really nice, too.

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Welcome to the Zoo, Sam Adams

Well, it's official, Sam Adams is running for mayor of Portland. And he invited the entire city to watch him officially toss his hat into the ring October 3 at Roots, an organic brew pub. I was there, because I'm a HUGE Sam fan. And, as you can see, I was not alone. I got there a bit early, and the place was already packed. There was a band playing near the front window, and just about every square inch of space was occupied by humans. It was truly sardine time.
As we waited around, the bar made a killing. There wasn't a dry mouth there. Everyone was networking, looking around to see who else was in the place, and waiting, and waiting for our Sam. About an hour after the announced time, he showed up. Well, his entourage showed up, then the press showed up, then, almost as an afterthought, Sam Adams appeared in the doorway. He had to take his time, because of the human crush that awaited him. First he had to get around the dozen or so reporters with camera equipment and lights, which was just about impossible. Then he had to squeeze past the well wishers in the front of the room. Then he had to wait while a couple of well-meaning associates thanked everyone and made brief announcements. Then it was Sam's turn to speak. His official announcement came that morning, this was just a get together, and a get-em-while-they-are-excited with the volunteer sign up sheet party.
I had a great time, because I love Sam Adams. I also realized that this is a great way to network. As long as you like Sam.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home